Pay is based on experience and work capabilities
Under the direction of a Plumber, will assist with emergencies of routine and scheduled plumbing repairs of resident and public space. The duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare for PHAS; and correct PHAS deficiencies.
- Assist Plumber with the following related tasks: perform work relating to the installation, alteration, maintenance and repair of piping of gas, potable water, plumbing, heating and drainage system. Install, maintain, and repair piping for water, gas, storm, waste, soil and vent systems. Set, maintain, and repair plumbing equipment and accessories.
- Carries tools, working materials and equipment; and prepare the work location. Move heavy valves, piping and fixtures. Cuts, drills or prepare openings as maybe necessary for the installation, maintenance or repair of plumbing pipes and fixtures; clean work area.
- Three years of full-time satisfactory experience as a plumber’s helper or apprentice plumber or;
- Not less than one year of experience as described in “1” above plus sufficient plumbing training of a relevant nature acquired in an approved trade school, technical school or vocational high school to make up the equivalent of three years of acceptable plumber’s helper or apprentice plumber experience. The apprenticeship must be recognized by the New York State Department of Labor, the U.S. Department of Labor or any apprenticeship council which is recognized by the U.S. Department of Labor. The schooling must be approved by a state’s Department of Education or a recognized accrediting organization. Each year of approved, relevant training is equivalent to six months of full-time satisfactory plumber’s helper or apprentice plumber experience, up to a maximum of two years of satisfactory experience.
FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW TO APPLY TODAY!
Do We Serve Your Neighborhood?
START YOUR SEARCH: